Visa & Immigration Service Advising is committed to offering immigration advising and support services that help ensure the academic and personal success of our international students and scholars, including their families. Additionally, we support departments and colleges in hiring international researchers and faculty. Our services include:
- Advising on facilitating compliance with U.S. immigration regulations
- Assisting with employment and tax paperwork
- Aiding with non-academic, personal and cultural challenges
- Supporting health insurance usage and compliance
- Offering financial support for international student professional development through the ISAB Scholarship
- Facilitating the Global Certificate Program for ODU faculty, staff and graduates assistants
- Providing notary services, support letters, and tax filling assistance
Entering and Re-Entering to the US
All students who hold a valid F-1 visa and I-20 who intend to begin or continue their academic program can enter the US without contacting an embassy or consulate to seek an individual National Interest Exception, including students traveling from China, Iran, Brazil, South Africa, Schengen Area, United Kingdom, and Ireland.
Information about maintaining your visa status
Information about on-campus jobs and off-campus employers
Links to key resources for international students and scholars at ODU.
ALL F-1 and J-1 students must have insurance approved by ODU.