Global Certificate Program
The Global Certificate Program was established in 1998 to educate the general ODU community about the international and multicultural community at ODU. The goal of the GCP is to assist faculty, staff, and graduate assistants develop the empathy and skills they can use to support our diverse students, scholars, and faculty. A series of workshops are offered each semester. Topics include intercultural communication skills, panels of students, scholars, or employees sharing their experiences at ODU, and chances for students and scholars to present on the culture of their home countries.
By completing a certain number of sessions, participants can earn a professional development certificate to demonstrate their commitment to increasing awareness of the global population at ODU.
All sessions are on Wednesdays from 10 am to 12 pm in Learnig Commons Conference Room 1310-1311 Perry Library
For more information, please contact Newzaira Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org or our office at email@example.com.
Earning a Certificate
To earn a certificate, participants must attend six sessions: Communicating Effectively with Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Populations, which is a core course and five more elective sessions.
Location: 1310-1311 Learning Commons Conference Room, Perry Library or Via zoom.
- 26 January - Addressing Mental health with International Students
- 09 February - Country Focus
- 23 February - Country Focus
- 23 March - Communicating Effectively with Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Populations
- 06 April - Enhancing the Quality of International Student Experience
Location: ONLINE via Zoom.
- 22 September - Country Focus : Ukraine
- 06 October - Communicating Effectively with Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Populations
- 20 October - Life as an International Student
- 03 November - Country Focus: India
- 17 November - International Student Panel