Check-In for New International Students
All international students coming to ODU for the first time and international students returning to start a new academic program must check in with Visa & Immigration Service Advising (VISA). An "international student" is an individual from another country who does not have a green card or a U.S. passport.
For incoming NEW students, check-in will take place in person.
International students returning to start a new academic program can check-in with us virtually.
Required Documents for Check-In for DEGREE-SEEKING Students
- Completed check-in form with your U.S. address (even if temporary)
- A copy of your passport ID page
- All visa documentation (e.g. current and previous I-20/DS-2019s, visa stamp, proof of visa status change, etc.)
- Your I-94 entry record
- Your I-901 SEVIS fee receipt (F-1 and J-1 visa holders only)
- For new graduate assistants: your offer letter with all of the required information
International Students on a visa status other than F or J
If you are an international student and your visa status is not F or J please complete the check-in form and email it to VISA along with any proof of visa status (I-797 approval notice, visa stamp, etc.)
Please e-mail VISA with your UIN and student email address for information on what you will need to do for the removal of your check-in hold.
Spring 2023 Check-In Dates and Times
Wednesday, December 7, 2022 and Wednesday, December 14, 2022 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Every weekday from Wednesday, January 4, 2023 to Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Required Info Sessions (F1 and J1 Visa Holders)
Required Info Sessions (F-1s & J-1s)
*spring dates TBD