HRT (Hampton Roads Transit)
ODU has partnered with HRT (Hampton Roads Transit) to provide affordable regional transit options to our Monarch community with the GoPass365.
ODU is an urban campus located in Norfolk, VA-- just one of 16 cities that make up Hampton Roads, a diverse region that hosts many major attractions for all to enjoy. HRT offers a robust system for getting around the area that includes buses, taxis, the Tide light rail, and even boat ferries.
To learn more about public transit options, visit the HRT website at goHRT.com.
HRT GoPass365 is a steeply discounted annual transit pass available to ODU Students and Faculty. It allows access to all Buses, Light Rail, and Ferries in the HRT system.
- The HRT GoPass365 is valid from July 1st-June 30th each year.
- There is a $25 replacement fee for lost or stolen passes.
- Limit one per ODU affiliate.
- GoPasses are Non-Refundable.
Present your GoPass365 to the Driver/Conductor/Agent upon boarding. Also be prepared to present a valid ODU ID card if requested.
Passes must be purchased in the Transportation and Parking Services office, located at 4310 Elkhorn Avenue.
Having trouble with GoPass365?
If you experience any problems using your GoPass365, it's important to collect as much information as possible, such as: bus number, route, time and (if possible) driver's information. Please report any problems to our office as soon as they happen so we can work with HRT to correct them.
Routes Connecting to ODU
ADA Accessible Transit
Students can use HRT's Paratransit services free of charge with a Paratransit Pass Booklet (purchase of a GoPass360 required).
- Come to the TPS office with a valid University ID card.
- Purchase an HRT GoPass360 (Required to receive a Paratranist Booklet).
- Provide a copy of your class schedule
- Provide proof of certification through ADA Ride.
- Booklets each have 10 passes, booklets are given out on a semester basis, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Ride the Tide
Light Rail Transit
The Tide is Hampton Roads' Light Rail Transit system. The closest Tide station to ODU is the EVMS/Fort Norfolk station. Bus Route 2 connects to the Tide.