Prospective Student Checklist
Click here to apply for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
Click here to apply for In-State Tuition.
- Additional aid could affect your VA Benefits, but it's important to know all funding options available. Apply and then discuss best options with your Education Counselor.
You'll need to create an account to apply for admission at Old Dominion Univeristy. Click here to access the application portal.
- Note: If you have less than 24 transfer credits at the time of application, you will need to provide an official copy of your high school or GED transcripts, and SAT or ACT scores. If you need assitance with requesting official transcripts, click here.
- Note: You're not required to submit your Joint Service Transcript (JST) but should if you want to see if your previous military coursework will transfer over. If so, please click here to create an account and request a copy.
- Air Force personnel: Read this article about how to request your transcripts.
- Looking for additional information about Admissions? Check out ODU'S Undergraduate Admissions page.
If you haven't used your VA Benefits, the first step is to apply for them on the VA website.
Admitted Student Checklist
Congratulations on officially becoming a Monarch! Please confirm your offer of admission and pay the $200 deposit.
- Login to the Application Portal
- Select the active Application
- Click the View Decision link
- Click the Reply to Offer button and follow steps to enroll.
MIDAS (Monarch Identification and Authorization System) is ODU's log-in and password management system. Use your MIDAS ID and password to log into most University applications and services, such as email, Blackboard, myODU, Leo Online, Banner and many other important resources. A video tutorial on how to create your MIDAS account can be found here.
- Visit midas.odu.edu and click Need an Account
- Enter your University Identification Number (UIN), located on your decision letter. Follow the rest of the prompts and click Submit
- Complete the remaining account creation steps. Once your MIDAS has been created, it is extremely important to write it down and keep it in a safe place. You'll need it for almost everything in the confirmation process and as a student.
Follow the steps on this page to ensure you have access to your ODU email account.
An eRefund account allows ODU to deposit overpayments if necessary. Use this link to set up your eRefund account.
Incoming students need to complete the orientation requirements for their student type. Check out this page for additional information regarding Monarch Orientation.
Visit this page for step-by-step instructions on how to register for classes.
Does military coursework transfer? Yes, in some cases. Submit a Joint Service Transcript (JST) and credit will be awarded as appropriate upon admission.
Use this evaluation tool to estimate how credits could transfer.
ODU Transfer Center
Our center provides a number of services. Meet one-on-one for assistance with transferring to ODU.
Manage Education Benefits
Complete VA Form 22-5495 to change degree programs, school, or major.
Active Duty Military Students
Complete Prospective Student Checklist and Addmitted Student Checklist before applying for Tuition Assistance (TA).
Active Duty Servicemembers only: click here to apply for TA.
Typically, for students to use TA, they must obtain a Degree Plan from their academic advisor and supply it to their command's education liaison. Then, once their command/education office approves their Degree Plan for use of TA, the command provides the service member with a tuition waiver. The student then provides this tuition waiver to the Third-Party Billing department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resource: For general information about TA please visit this site.
Spouse & Dependents
Should I also apply for FASFA and in-state tuition? Yes, a spouse or dependent can apply based on the service member's military affiliation. Complete steps 1 - 3 before continuing to the below resources.
Apply for the Virginia Military Survivors & Dependents Education program.
Use transferred benefits
Fill out VA Form 22-1990E to use benefits transferred to you from your servicemember.
Transfer VA Benefits
Complete VA Form 22-1995 to change your degree program, school, or major.