Employees are responsible for entering complete and accurate time and leave information via WTE by established deadlines each pay period. Failure to report leave accurately may result in a financial obligation to the employee and/or the approving supervisor. The accurate accounting of employee work hours is no less important than the accurate accounting of cash. The supervisor is responsible for assuring that complete and accurate leave information is submitted via WTE by established deadlines.
Supervisors Approving Leave
The supervisor is responsible for assuring that complete and accurate leave taken is submitted via web time entry by established deadlines. Supervisors have the authority to disapprove annual, family/personal, compensatory or overtime leave requests when sufficient leave balances are not available. The accurate accounting of employee work hours is no less important than the accurate accounting of cash.
- Review and disapprove or approve the leave on the web forms for accuracy - hours recorded to nearest tenth, correct leave codes and correct dates.
- Review the Summary Report of Leave Balances that is distributed quarterly.
- Check for discrepancies between departmental records and Payroll records;
- Resolve problems concerning leave balances;
- Monitor employees' leave usage;
- Identify patterns of leave abuse and take corrective action;
- Not approve leave requests, unless an emergency, when employees do not have sufficient balances to cover the absences.
Notify Human Resources immediately for incidents of:
- unauthorized leave
- leave without pay
- extended leave without pay
- return from leave without pay
- extended absences due to illness
- FMLA-designated leave
Payment for leave is an expenditure of state funds and employee leave records are subject to audit. No person shall receive pay for any leave taken in any pay period in which there was not sufficient accumulated leaves to cover the absence. Improper authorizations of leave may result in a financial obligation to the supervisor authorizing such leave.