Old Dominion University utilizes eVA, the Commonwealth's e-procurement initiative. eVA is an electronic internet-based marketplace and is the primary procurement tool used by the university for procurement transactions. eVA allows the Department of Procurement Services to provide timely, efficient, cost-effective procurement of goods, services and construction for ODU.
1) Obtain DUNS number
2) Register with eVA
3) Get SWaM Certified
Want to start a business relationship with Old Dominion University? All vendors/contractors need to be eVA registered to:
- To view and receive bid/quote opportunities
- To receive Purchase Order contracts for awards over $5,000
Benefits of eVA Registration
eVA has been recognized as one of the leading electronic commerce initiatives among state governments and higher education. eVA allows vendors to receive electronic or facsimile solicitations and purchase orders, view future business opportunities, and access information for doing business with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
eVA Transaction Fee
- The vendor eVA transaction fee will be applied only to eVA-registered vendors.
- eVA invoices are generated in the first billing cycle following the date the Purchase Order is issued by the buyer. The vendor eVA fee will be invoiced to the vendor by the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of General Services, approximately 30 days after the order is issued.
- The eVA Transaction Fee to vendors is:
- SBSD-certified Small Businesses: 1%, capped at $500 per order.
- Vendors that are not SBSD-certified Small Businesses: 1%, capped at $1,500 per order.
- ODU does not receive any revenue from these fees. ODU also pays a corresponding agency eVA fee to the Commonwealth's Department of General Services. For vendors that are not eVA-registered, ODU pays both the vendor fee and the agency fee.
- Certain types of purchase are exceptions to the eVA transaction fee. These exceptions are determined by the state. See list for current list of exceptions.
To access Old Dominion University's purchasing opportunities, vendors must register with eVA. To register with eVA, vendors will first need to have a DUNS number from Dun & Bradstreet. Dun & Bradstreet information can be found on its website at fedgov.dnb.com or by dialing 1-866-705-5711.
Vendors wishing to do business with ODU will need to get SWaM Certified
Vendor Business Opportunities
Find business opportunities to work with the University
ODU eVA Training
Learn about ODU's eVA Training program and guides