Meyera Oberndorf Learning Commons
The Meyera Oberndorf Learning Commons serves as a central area for student services. The Learning Commons hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
Check out this list of Services offered for Old Dominion University Students.
- Book Collection
Please check out our list of books available at the Learning Commons desk.
- Collaboration/Conference Room Reservations for Enrolled Students
Reservations may be made at the Learning Commons desk or by calling 757-368-4130.
- Class Reserve Instructional Materials
Professors may place supplementary materials that students can sign out and/or use in the Learning Commons (such as photocopied material, books, videos, etc). We conveniently have viewing stations for DVDs and VHS tapes.
- Distance Learning Library
If you need academic journal articles or books for a research paper, visit www.odu.edu/library.
- Monarch Student Identification Cards
Please see a Learning Commons staff member to have your photo taken for your University ID card. You will need your UIN (university identification number) and a picture ID. In 7 to 10 days your Monarch ID card should be available for pick up at the Learning Commons desk.
- ODU Interlibrary Loan Materials
Students and faculty can have reserved books from the ODU Perry Library sent to the Learning Commons for pick-up.
- ODU Library Book Return
All books checked out from the ODU Perry Library can be dropped off in the book return box in the Learning Commons.
- Student Computer Lab
Open Student Computer Lab is available for student use during the hours of operation.
- Student Copier
A copier is available in the front of the Learning Commons. Copies are 10 cents each.
- Technology Delivered Class Review
- Students who unavoidably miss a class or need to review a lecture can view their class on a computer in the Learning Commons during our normal operating hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm, and Saturday, 8am to 5pm. Headphones are provided, but you may bring your own headphones if you prefer.
- Students can access archived classes on the web at ODU's Distance Learning/Online Class & Event Launch page at http://dl.odu.edu/video/online-class. Under the Web Conference Courses heading, click on the Web Conference Course Launch Pages link, then select your class and log in with your MIDAS ID and password.
****Remember that interaction with your instructor is a large part of the learning process and that some instructors prohibit viewing recorded class sessions. Viewing a recording should primarily be a review strategy or a last resort if you must miss a class.