Apple MacBooks purchased through the Mobile Monarch Program have the option to be covered for up to three years under AppleCare+ for warranty repairs, excluding the battery which is covered for one year. This warranty includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for any other damage.
Dell program notebooks have up to a year warranty at the time of purchase. This excludes the notebook's battery which is covered for 1 year. Additional coverage can be purchased through the Safeware Protection plans, available as 2 or 4 year plans and come with six months of theft protection.
- Liquid Spills
- Electrical Surges
- LCD Damage
- Other Accidental Damage
Please note that cosmetic damage (damage that does not affect system performance) is not covered.
AppleCare and Dell warranties exclude theft, loss, damage due to fire or other intentional acts. Students (and parents) are encouraged to contact their current insurance provider to ask about covering the notebook under their current homeowner's or renter's insurance.
If you have a problem with your Mobile Monarch notebook, please bring it to the on-campus repair center inside the University Village Bookstore. A limited number of loaner notebooks are available for students whose notebooks are being repaired. If you are away from campus and need your notebook repaired, you can contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Services Provided for Mobile Monarch Notebooks
- Testing, diagnosis and replacement/repair of Dell and Apple manufacturer defective parts on computer systems under warranty.
- Updating BIOS and necessary drivers.
- Reimage to original vendor specifications, if necessary.
- If hard drive requires replacement, reloading operating system and installation of anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Facilitating repairs that are required to be performed by the manufacturer.
- Service does not cover personally-owned printers, scanners, or other peripheral devices. Students may contact an external vendor for these services.
- Assistance with the reinstallation of application software or the recovery of data in the case of hard drive replacement.
- Assistance includes: Providing training sessions at beginning of each semester; providing on-line documentation; scheduling one-on-one assistance.
- Loaner notebooks may be provided.
- If notebook is out-of-warranty, perform troubleshooting and provide repair estimate. Full payment is required before parts are ordered or work performed.
- Creating copies of data files (class work/homework, photos, music, etc.) on CDs, USB key drives, or other media before dropping notebook off for service.
- Providing the computer's service tag or serial number, if requested, for warranty verification.
- Removing, disabling or providing the Windows password, so TSC technicians can service your unit.
- Maintaining up-to-date virus data files.
- Attending training sessions to increase knowledge of owning a personal notebook, if necessary.