The Center for Educational Partnerships establishes collaborative educational enterprises that support dissemination of proven practices and the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative research-based models. The Center for Educational Partnerships focuses its efforts on the following activities:
- Developing broad-based partnerships with school divisions in the Hampton Roads area and greater Virginia.
- Serving as a conduit through which Old Dominion University will endeavor to make available the best local, state, national, and international resources to our stakeholders.
- Promoting the academic success and responsible citizenship of students and professional growth of educators.
- Pursuing educational partnerships within and across institutions to meet identified needs and capitalize on strengths in order to enhance strategic relationships between ODU and the Hampton Roads community.
The guiding principle behind all of the Center's decisions is to develop the best possible partnerships to enhance educational experiences in the Hampton Roads community and across greater Virginia.
As a result, the Center will:
- Place special emphasis on partnership arrangements that seek to improve the education of youth from underserved populations.
- Submit its actions and staff to the highest possible standards of professional conduct, accountability, and transparency of decision-making and operations.
- Respect the dignity, rights, and essential humanity of all persons with whom we may interact.