Student Extended Absence Notifications (EANs) & Faculty Notifications
- When a student notifies Student Outreach and Support (SOS) about a COVID-19 incident (positive test or exposure) that warrants an extended leave of absence from in-person class attendance or online course participation, SOS will notify the instructors through an Extended Absence Notification (EAN).
- It is extremely critical for students to report a COVID-19 incident to the university as soon as possible for the notification to be sent to instructors. Please review and complete the Extended Absence Notification Form.
- The Extended Absence Notification (EAN) does not excuse students from missed assignments or course work. It is an official verification of their documented circumstances related to their course absence. Please communicate with your instructors about ways to keep up with coursework so you are better prepared to return to the classroom.
- The Extended Absence Notification (EAN) will not disclose a student's specific medical concerns and does not indicate any information about COVID exposure.
- Students with exposure are expected to resume normal activities and attend class. Should vaccinated students with exposure exhibit symptoms, they should contact their healthcare provider or Student Health Services and test immediately, but an Extended Absence Notification (EAN) will not be sent until the student's test results have been reported. Students are encouraged to stay in contact with their instructors during this time.
Please continue to protect yourself and others by following the recommended CDC Guidelines.