Monarch Family Connection
Old Dominion University's (ODU) strong tradition of educational quality and leadership, outstanding faculty, and talented student body combine to create a university community that is both challenging and supportive.
ODU strives to promote student success, learning, and development through family member involvement within the University. ODU's Student Transition and Family Programs office connects families to families, faculty members, and administrators to encourage active engagement and support throughout the student's tenure at ODU and beyond.
Student Transition and Family Programs strives to:
- Provide timely information and resources to family members through open communication and programs.
- Assist family members recognize the importance of their roles as mentors and coaches to their student(s).
- Encourage family members to empower their student(s) to become independent learners by providing family members with the tools to navigate University resources.
From theatre arts to nursing to modeling and simulation, ODU offers over 60 undergraduate academic programs. Learn more about our programs and schedules.
Learning happens in every corner of the campus. Being involved will help your student develop leadership skills, new friendships and civic pride. Explore life on ODU's campus.
Communication is one of the keys to a successful college career, and families play a fundamental role in keeping the lines of communication open. Stay informed!
ODU offers a variety of opportunities and resources to ensure your connection remains strong with your student.
Higher education gives a great return on investment and Old Dominion University offers a wide variety of financial aid options including loans, grants, scholarships and student employment.
We want our students to have all of the tools necessary to be successful at ODU and in their careers. Take a look at what's in our toolkit.
- Career Development Success
- Monarch Citizenship
- Student Conduct
- Student Outreach and Support