Elementary, middle and high school students will discover Monarch Science and more!
Reign in Science Day is designed to get students excited about the sciences at Old Dominion University! All Hampton Roads students in grades 3rd to 12th will dive into an exciting day filled with S.T.E.M.-based activities. Registration has closed.
Masks are optional.
Come and visit the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry and meet students from the Department of Computer Science, Department of Physics and more. Do hands-on STEM activities, see science demonstrations, a planetarium show, and take part in science-related activities.
All students in attendance will receive giveaways!
If you have further questions or are interested in volunteering, please email Kyle Lambert, Trandon Bender, or Emily Hardy.
Introduction/Check-in at the New Chemistry Building:
10-10:10am Introduction to activities
Planetarium & Group Demonstrations:
10:15am-10:45am - Planetarium show 1
11am - Group demonstration 1
11:15am- 11:45am - Interactive session 1 and Q&A at the Planetarium
12pm - Group demonstration 2
12:15pm-12:45pm - Planetarium show 2
1pm - Group demonstration 3
Science Activity Stations (10:10am-1pm):
- ODU interactive science demonstrations outside the new chemistry building
- Learn the chemistry behind tie-dying and bring a shirt to tie-dye!
- Learn about the physics of our universe!
- Meet current ODU undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty to learn about their research
- Tour the new chemistry building and see the new educational and lab spaces