Construction Impacts on the SRC
As construction for the expansion of the SRC enters its next phase, access to the facility, Member Services, and Rock Wall staff will change slightly to accommodate this work:
- All persons entering the SRC for any reason should check in at the third turnstile via ODU Rec Well App Rec ID where a membership kiosk is staffed by a Membership Services Specialist.
- Member Services has temporarily relocated to a table within the turnstiles, next to the front desk. Membership sales, guest pass sales, locker rentals, and other transactions may be completed at this table during construction.
- The rock wall staff and equipment has relocated to outside the rock wall.
This next phase of construction will also affect how students and faculty access the Human Movement Sciences (HMS) / classroom side of the SRC.
- Starting in February 2023, the single emergency exit door that is seen to the right of the main entrance of the SRC (when looking at the SRC from the quad) will serve as the main entrance and exit for academic classes and other activities in those classrooms and offices.
- Signs will be positioned to direct students and members to appropriate entrance and exit points during construction.
Access to the gym side of the SRC will continue to be through the main front doors of the SRC, however the pathway to the turnstiles may be narrowed.
Additionally, a campus improvement project on 48th Street will impact one of the back entrances to the ODU Student Recreation Center (SRC). Below are a few important changes due to this infrastructure upgrade:
- The back entrance to the SRC accessible from 48th street will remain closed during this project.
- The back entrance to the SRC accessible from the Monorail side of the SRC Field will be open from 12 p.m. until one hour before closing each day and may be used as an access point by student, SRC members, and swim lesson clients. Please have your ODU Rec Well App handy.
- Guests must access the SRC through the main front entrance and are not permitted to enter through the SRC back entrance.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience during this construction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.