Tracy Conder, RD
ODU Campus Dietitian
Tracy Conder is the Campus Dietitian here at ODU and she has a passion for planning... especially food! She loves to find those few key changes that make a BIG impact in a person's overall health and wellness.
Tracy received her undergraduate degree from James Madison University and her RD from MCV Hospital in Richmond, VA. After 15 years as a Dietitian, Tracy received her Board Certification in Sports Specialty Dietetics and has been working with local athletes for over 10 years. She is the go-to nutrition expert to local free-lance writers and is the TOP CHEF of her household.
She currently lives in Newport News with her husband, Kevin, has 3 college age children, 2 golden retrievers named Sandy and Nyla, and 4 young chickens.
Aside from being a Dietitian, Tracy is a group fitness instructor, and dance teacher... bringing the only all boys stomp n rhythm dance class to Newport News. She enjoys reading, writing poetry, and all things outdoors (hiking, biking, swimming, kayaking...).
- Registered Dietitian (26 years!)
- 2013- present ODU Campus Dietitian - Working through the Student Recreation Center Office of Health Promotion she provides individual and group counseling, tabling events, social media presence, and small to large event on campus for ODU students about healthy eating, weight management, medical nutrition therapy, etc.
- Prior positions: Full time contract Dietitian for Langley Airforce Base Health and Wellness Center (HAWC), owned a nutrition consulting business, contracted at a doctor's office, and was the Dietitian for Riverside Health and Wellness Center in Gloucester and Newport News.
- BS in General Dietetics from JMU; previous Board-Certified Sports Specialty Dietitian (CSSD) for 10 years.
- Currently in the Master of Public Health program at ODU.
Interested in meeting with our Campus Dietitian to talk about your specific nutritional needs? Meet one on one virtually with ODU's Campus Dietitian, Tracy Conder.Request an Appointment