Lifeguard Instructor Certification Class
- 09/16/2022 12:00 AM EST - 09/18/2022 11:59 PM EST
- SRC - JC Scrap Indoor Pool - Student Recreation Center Pool & Wet Classroom
- The Lifeguard Instructor Course trains candidates to teach American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Blended Learning, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers.
To be eligible for the instructor course, instructor candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
Candidates must also possess one of the following:
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards.
- An equivalent certification from another organization.
Successfully complete the Online Session for the Lifeguard Instructor course, which consists of the following:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Orientation to the Lifeguard Instructor Course and Precourse Exam
- Successfully complete the Precourse Session (refer to the Lifeguard Training page for precourse swim requirement)
- Must pass written exam with 80 percent or better