The ODU Police Department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR) in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, codified at 20 USC 1092 (f). The report includes information concerning reported crimes that occurred: on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Old Dominion University; and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and assessable from the campus.
What's in the Annual Security Report?
It contains crime and fire statistics as well as a broad array of safety and security policies, including:
- Three years of on- and off-campus crime statistics
- Procedures for reporting criminal activities and emergencies on campus
- Policies regarding security of and access to campus facilities
- Information about law enforcement on and off campus
- Policies regarding the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs
- Information on campus sexual assault prevention programs and procedures to follow in the event of a sexual assault
- Information on relationship violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Where information concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained