Take Charge of Your Academic Success
We are passionate about the success of every student. Let us help you navigate your philosophical journey.
The Philosophy and Religious Studies Department is deeply invested in the success of each and every student and seeks to support a diverse, and inclusive community of philosophical thinkers. Our Chief Departmental Advisor, Dr. Jim Van Dore, is here to ensure that this vision becomes a reality. Through personalized advising sessions, he provides current and prospective majors and minors any information they need regarding the program and the university in general to help students "Finish in 4". Dr. Van Dore is here to guide students through the program requirements, select appropriate electives, and provide the support they need to flourish academically. Because we care about our student's success beyond ODU, he is also happy to aid students in career and graduate school planning.
Why schedule an advising appointment?
- Declare a Major or Minor
- Register for classes — Pay Later!
- Learn more about our concentrations
- Graduate advising
- Career and graduate school advising
- And so much more!
Philosophy & Religious Studies
Here you'll find details including program options, requirements, and course descriptions. Note that not all courses listed are offered regularly. To find out which courses will be available in a given semester, please check the schedule or call (757) 683-3861.
- Log into LeoOnline and review your transcript.
- Use the DegreeWorks system to view your academic history, program requirements, estimated time remaining until the completion of your degree, and other helpful information.
- Print out a major checklist or a minor checklist and complete it before or during your advising meeting.
For more information or to make an advising appointment, please email Dr. Van Dore at email@example.com or complete the appointment request form below.