VASPA is proud to sponsor the 4th Annual Virginia Leadership Academy for campus-wide student leaders across the Commonwealth of Virginia, hosted at Old Dominion University from May 18-20, 2017.
This intensive three-day leadership academy will allow newly elected campus leaders and their advisors to share ideas and solutions, receive training and personal consultations from current Student Affairs Vice Presidents, Deans of Students, and invited leadership experts. The academy will also promote intentional team development and synergy in planning among a cross section of student leaders and advisors from each campus. Finally, the academy will facilitate networking with peers from colleges and universities across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The target audience for Virginia Leadership Academy:
- SGA Leaders
- Leaders of Campus-Wide Organizations
- Program Boards
- Greek Councils
- Multicultural Oraganizations
- Student Media Organizations
along with their Advisors, Deans of Students, and Vice Presidents of Student Affairs.
What to Expect
- Specific Leadership, team building, and skill development workshops and experiences
- Networking with students and advisors from across the State of Virginia
- Planned free time for recreational and team building activities
- Roundtables for specific subgroups of leaders (SGA, Program Boards, RHA, Greek, Multicultural, Student Media, etc.) with leaders and advisors
- Professional academy facilitators and speakers
- Interaction and networking with the Vice Presidents and Deans of Students from the participating colleges and universities