Peanut Butter for Parking
Pay for eligible parking citations with peanut butter!
"Peanut Butter for Parking" is presented by ODU TPS and LSI during Homecoming Week, October 22-26, 2018. For FIVE DAYS ONLY (Monday-Friday), TPS will accept peanut butter donations to pay for eligible parking citations. All donations will go directly to IGNITE Food Pantry.
Why Peanut Butter?
Jars of peanut butter are one of the most highly requested items at food banks, yet one of those least donated. Peanut butter has along shelf life and is a nutritious form of protein. This item is also inexpensive and popular with college students.
ELIGIBLE CITATION TYPES:
Parking without a Permit (Citation ID #1)
Over the Limit (Citation ID #14)
ALL other citation types are EXCLUDED from this program.
- Only ONE citation per person can be waived with a donation and all other outstanding citations must be paid at the time of donation.
- Appealing and/or re-appealing your citation forfeits the ability to pay by donation.
- Immobilized vehicles are ineligible for this program.
- The $10 late fee for any citation 60 days past due will be waived as part of the donation.
- Citations which are in collections (those over 120 past issue date) are ineligible.
- The eligibility to participate in the "Peanut Butter for Parking" program may be revoked at the discretion of TPS.
How Much Peanut Butter?
The cost of the citation determines the amount of peanut butter donated to waive it. Peanut Butter must be unopened and not expired.
A $15 citation (Over the Limit) requires a minimum of 16 ounces peanut butter donated.
A $75 citation (No Decal) requires a minimum of 40 ounces peanut butter donated.
- Donations will only be accepted in person at the TPS office (4310 Elkhorn Ave) during regular business hours (Mon-Thurs 7:30am-6:30pm; Fri 7:30am-4pm). No donations will be able to be made online.
- All peanut butter donations will be sent directly to the IGNITE food pantry on ODU's main Norfolk campus.
- The Peanut Butter for Parking program is open to anyone who has been issued a citation from TPS that meets the criteria above.
- Additional donations of non-perishable foods are welcome to be donated along with peanut butter, but will not count towards citation payment.