The Association of University Administrators was founded in 1990 to support the needs and interests of administrators and to promote and enhance the profession of university administration at Old Dominion University. The Association is involved with the concerns of university administrators and provides administrators with opportunities to grow professionally. The Association supports the mission and integrity of Old Dominion University and seeks to enhance the image of the university.
- Cultivate a sense of community among campus administrators.
- Serve as an advocate for administrators.
- Enhance communication with organization members.
- Support and enhance the professional development of administrators.
- Bolster the relationship between AUA and upper-level administrators.
- Cultivate a relationship between administrative faculty and teaching faculty.