Office of Intercultural RelationsBlack Initiatives
The Office of Intercultural Relations (OIR) is dedicated to fostering Black students' cultural expression and development. OIR promotes and enhances cultural diversity on campus and in the surrounding community through a variety of programs that foster appreciation and understanding of the African Diaspora's diverse cultures. We invite you to explore our website and hope that you will be inspired to get involved.
Connect with Us
Associate Director for Black & Latinx Initiatives
Explore diverse Black cultural programs and involvement opportunities.
Enhance your Monarch experience and success through Black academic initiatives.
Campus Engagement & Leadership Opportunities
Enrich your campus life, build connections with the Black community, and gain leadership experience.
ODU strives to promote student success, learning, and development through family/alumni communication and support. Students and family members are encouraged to join:
- ODU Black Family Connections page on Facebook Groups
- ODU Black Alumni Chapter
- Breaking Black Barriers in STEM: Creating a Capable Diverse Talent Pipeline
- JBHE Chronology of Major Landmarks in the Progress of African Americans in Higher Education
- HE Chronology of Major Landmarks in the Progress of African Americans in Higher Education
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- National Urban League
- "I Am Empowered" - The National Urban League
- Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc.