||Last day Applications are accepted for upcoming semester
|Spring||August 1st||October 1st|
|Fall||February 1st||April 1st|
*placements are not guaranteed
**Applications are not accepted after the extended deadline
- Application -You will need to submit a current resume and describe your plan to meet all pending coursework and licensure assessments before student teaching.
- After your application has been accepted (allow 2-3 weeks) you will be sent an email with instructions for processing the 35 dollar application fee.
- Teacher Candidates requesting a placement in the following school division(s) must upload the additional respective form while completing the application. Click on the title to download the form:
- Arlington Public Schools
- Fredericksburg City Public Schools
- Chesapeake Public Schools (students with 2-7 week placements - complete 2 applications)
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Hanover County Public Schools
- Norfolk Public Schools
- Roanoke County Public Schools
- Suffolk Public Schools (students with 2-7 week placements - complete 2 seperate applications)
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools (students with 2-7 week placements - complete 2 applications)
- After your application is accepted you will receive monthly reminder emails from OCE about outstanding requirements and orientation.
- The month before student teaching begins you will be given access to an asynchronous orientation course on Canvas.
- Attend a synchronous Orientation meeting about two weeks prior to starting your student teaching.
- All program requirements, licensure tests, certificates, etc. need to be completed prior to receiving your student teaching assingment. No student will be permitted to enter student teaching without passing all licensure tests.
All candidates are must complete the Virginia Board of Education prescribed assessments with passing scores.Required Assessment Details
Clearance Background Checks
All candidates are required to complete the ODU Field Experience Clearance Procedures prior to the Orientation. This process takes eight weeks to complete.Background Check Procedures
- ALL course work, content knowledge and professional education as listed in your curriculum, must be completed prior to the orientation;
- ALL GPA and grades requirements must be met as listed in your curriculum; and
- Transcripts from external institutions documenting completion of required courses.
|Fall 2022||August 23, 2022|
|Spring 2023||January 2023|
|Semester/Length||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall 2022||September 6, 2022||December 9, 2022|
|14 Week Placement||September 6, 2022||December 9, 2022|
|10 Week Placement||September 6, 2022||November 11, 2022|
|(2) 7 week Placements||September 6, 2022
October 24, 2022
|October 21, 2022
December 9, 2022
|Spring 2023||January 17, 2023||April 28, 2023|
|14 Week Placement||January 17, 2023||April 28, 2023|
|10 Week Placement||January 17, 2023||March 24, 2023|
|(2) 7 Week Placements||January 17, 2023||March 3, 2023|
|March 6, 2023||April 28, 2023|