Last Call to Enter Poetry Slam! Chance to Win Prizes
ODU Libraries invite students to participate virtually in the 2021 Annual Poetry Slam: Centering Resiliency, Hope, Healing, and Self-care. The Libraries encourage expression and creativity through poetry on April 13 from 6pm to 8pm via Zoom by using this year's theme as inspiration.
Also, Poetry Slam participants have the chance to win prizes as judges determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place submissions!
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $75
- 3rd Place - $50
- (received through Monarch Plus)
Just click here to attend the annual event!
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare." Poet and Librarian Audre Lorde
Poetry Slam Guidelines:
- Please prepare three poems for three rounds of competition.
- Each solo poem should be of the poet's own creation.
- Memorization is not required.
- Each poem should be no longer than three minutes.
- Poets will not need props or background music.
- The Libraries strive to create a safe and inclusive environment. No hate speech of any kind allowed.
- The Slam will be recorded! Please let us know if you do not want your video to go on the Libraries' YouTube Channel or in the University Archives.
For more details about entering the ODU Libraries' Annual Poetry Slam: Centering Resiliency, Hope, Healing, and Self-care, please contact Lucy Wittkower, Head of the Libraries' Department of Teaching & Learning Initiatives, at email@example.com.