Comic Books Around the World: A Panel Discussion
ODU Libraries welcome you to attend Growing Up to Adulthood: The Sociocultural Impact of Comic Books Around the World during International Education Week! Join the conversation on November 18 from 12pm to 2pm in the Learning Commons of Perry Library where panelists from across campus will share their insight on the backstory of varied content, situations, page length, and design found in comic books on a global scale. A video stream of this event will also be available.
Drawing on the panelists´ experiences gained from growing up reading "comic books" in different countries, the discussion will explore the books' sociocultural function and educational role in the children's socialization and acculturation process in different cultures.
- Liz Black, Associate Professor of French, Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Luis Guadano, Associate Professor of Spanish, Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Michiko Kaneyasu, Assistant Professor of Japanese, Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Ouafaa Abdous- Zouali, Adjunct/ Assistant Professor of French, Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Karen Centeno-Casillas, MIS, Education Librarian, ODU Libraries