Système-D 4.0 CD-ROM: Writing Assistant for French (CD-ROM)
- Liste des radios en France
- French Newspapers Online
- SCOLA (Satellite Communications for Learning)
- English-French Online Dictionary
- French Dictionaries, glossaries and wordlists by Tennessee Bob
- Visual Dictionary in French
- The Visual Dictionary combines definitions with illustrations and is searchable by 17 themes that include art and architecture, food, society, sports and games, and science. A section on the virtual human body was recently added.
- La Rousse
- La Rousse is a French dictionary that provides the definition of a word in different contexts, example sentences, the conjugation for verbs, and the expressions, synonyms and homonymes of certain words.
- Le Dictionnaire
- Le Dictionnaire is a French dictionary that provides multiple definitions and expressions in their respective contexts, a synonym search engine, a conjugation search engine and a quote search engine.
- Dictionnaire Québécois
- Dictionnaire Québécois is an online French dictionary that provides an alphabetical list of Québécois words and their respective definitions and uses in Québéc. The Québécois jargon is accompanied with example sentences, and indicates if the word is borrowed from another language.
French Literature Website:
This website lists French authors since the 16th century. For each author it lists their works and has summaries of many of the works. The site also features interviews with contemorary authors as well as other literature-related links.
French Culture Resource:
Frenchculture.org is a website provided by the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the United States. The organization promotes the best of French arts, literature, and education to cultural and academic institutions across the US, with a strong focus on the contemporary. The website features short articles about art, books, cinema, education, music, performing arts, and TV and radio.
The Canadian Museum of Civilization's Virtual Museum of New France shares information about "the French North American adventure" and what drew the French to North America. It presents the French colonial experience from Acadia through Canada to Louisiana. It does so through five main themes: colonies and empires, population, everyday life, economic activities, and heritage.
Exploring French Art:
Decod'Art is a French-Language magazine website that guides visitors through a gallery of French art, as it explains, compares, and analyzes the works. There is also a quiz that can be taken at the end.
- Alliance Frangaise de Washington, DC
- Alliance Frangaise de Hampton Roads, Chapitre de Grasse
- American Association of Teachers of French (AATF)
Online French Courses and Programs:
- Français interactif, A French Program
- Carnegie Mellon University, Open Learning Initaitive
The "London Speaks French" site includes online lessons in general French and business French as well as a French tutor online.
This website includes vocabulary, spelling, grammar, and reading and listening comprehension. There are also exercises and games intended to improve language literacy in children and adults.
- What you Need to Know About, French Language
- The LangMedia Collection
- Le Point du FLE
- DELF Training
- The French Writing Center
- A vos Plumes! is a project that was funded by the University of Virginia's Teaching + Technology Initiative. The site is for students who want to write better in french and for teachers who want to help them.
Tex's French Grammar:
This website was originally created for students at the University of Texas at Austin as a guide to French grammar, but it also is about " the epic love story of Tex and Tammy, two star-struck armadillos," and includes Bette the kitten, a French snail named Edouard, a Texas squirrel named Jim-Bob, and a cockroach named Corey.
The Lessons and stories on The French Experiment website are geared toward beginners and children, but the site also has reviews of popular online French courses - Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, and its "pick of the bunch," Rocket French - with what the reviewers see as the pros and cons of each one.