LinkedIn Learning Services Ending June 30
ODU's contract with LinkedIn Learning is set to expire on June 30 and will not be renewed. This means that all access to the course content, as well as any learning history not linked to a personal LinkedIn account, will be lost after June 30. While we would love to continue to offer this service, it is simply no longer feasible due to budgetary constraints and declining usage.
We encourage you to take the following steps before June 30:
- Complete any courses you are currently taking.
- Download course completion certificates from your Learning History.
- Connect your personal LinkedIn account to your LinkedIn Learning profile if you haven't already done so. If you regain access to LinkedIn Learning in the future (either with a personal or organization account), your learning history will remain tied to you and can be transferred to your future account.
- If you recommend LinkedIn Learning courses or use them as part of ODU classes that you teach, please remove links.
Options for continuing your LinkedIn Learning journey:
- Purchase an individual subscription here.
- Check with your local public library. LinkedIn Learning access is currently available to anyone with a Virginia Beach or Newport News library card.
We know this announcement is sudden and we had hoped to find alternatives to discontinuation. We apologize for the short notice and thank you for understanding.
If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The learning history, which includes a list of courses completed, course certifications, and tracking your current course viewing will be lost if you do not have your LinkedIn Learning account connected to your LinkedIn Profile.
- There is an option to manually download your individual learning history. If you would like to download your learning history, go to the "my learning" tab at the top of your account and then click "learning history." Beside each course there is a "more" button drop down where you can download your certificates or add to your LinkedIn profile.
- For those of you that chose to connect your learning account to your LinkedIn profile, in the future if you are to regain access to LinkedIn Learning, your learning history will remain tied to you and can be transferred to your future account. Your learning history will not be available for viewing until you receive access to a new account.
- For those of you that did not connect to a LinkedIn profile, in the future if you are to regain access to LinkedIn Learning, you will be starting new without your learning history.
- For more details, please access visit https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning/answer/71929