Manage Your Dominion
Certificate Program | 3 Days | Synchronous | Online | Registration Required
If you currently supervise classified employees, then Supervisor Essentials Training is for you! The HR Employee Relations Team has developed a three-day progressive training program that equips you with the resources you need to succeed in your supervisory role.
- Learn about the State and University policies directly associated with supervising classified employees.
- Experience interactive learning opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and abilities as a supervisor.
- Develop effective methods of supervision to enhance employee satisfaction and promote a positive and productive working relationship between you and your classified staff.
Supervisor Essentials I
Module One: Role of Supervisor & Module Two: Performance Management
Supervisor Essentials II
Module Three: Progressive Discipline
Supervisor Essentials III
Module Four: Grievance Process
Who is Eligible?
- Administrative Professional Faculty
- Classified Employees
3-Day Attendance is Required
Supervisor Essentials is an interactive and progressive three-day training. To ensure quality and transfer of learning, participants must attend all three courses in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Print Your Own Training Materials
A link to training materials will be sent one week before scheduled course(s). Attendees are responsible for printing their own copies of training materials.
Self-registration is available online. Please register for each day separately listed in the online calendar so that you will receive credit for your attendance. Approval from your supervisor is required before registering.
UPCOMING CLASSES:September 21-23, 2022
How are we doing?
Training Evaluation Form
How was your learning experience? Let us know! To provide exceptional customer services, we request that participants submit an online training evaluation form after each course.
Employee Relations Team
The HR Employee Relations (ER) Team designs and facilitates the Supervisor Essentials training program. Contact ER for questions or more information about the program.
Yes, you must register online to attend and receive credit for the classes. Please register for each class separately to receive attendance credit for each class.
- Go to our Registration page
- Click on the course title Supervisor Essentials I
- Click the "Sign Up" button
- Enter your name and ODU email, then click "Save"
- Repeat the above steps for Supervisor Essentials II and III
Please obtain supervisor approval before registering for a course.
Yes. Supervisor Essentials is an interactive and progressive three-day training. To earn your Supervisor Essentials certificate, you must attend all three classes, in order.
Please contact the Employee Relations Team for questions, information, or help regarding the Supervisor Essentials training certificate program.