Pursue Your Dream as a Monarch!
Human Resources is pleased to announce the University Staff Dream Fund program. Privately funded through an Educational Foundation Endowment and first launched in 2008, this program provides monetary awards and/or paid time off for full-time Classified Staff and AP Faculty members to fulfill a long‐held dream. Some examples are pursuing studies in an area unrelated to work, traveling to another country, or visiting family far away.
- Full-time Classified staff and Administrative and Professional faculty
- Minimum of five consecutive years of full-time ODU service
- Satisfactory or higher performance evaluations
- No active disciplinary actions
- State recognition policies apply
- Proposals are initially reviewed by the Screening Committee with representatives from Administration and Finance, Academic Affairs, Student Engagement and Enrollment Services, University Advancement, HACE, AUA, and Athletics.
- A final selection will be made by the Selection Committee comprised of the VP for Advancement, the VP for Human Resources, and the HR Employee Relations Manager.
- Recipients will be selected on the merits of their proposal, their past service and promise of future service to the University.
Applicants must submit an online proposal packet by the deadline. The proposal must include:
- A thorough description of the dream and the reasons for it.
- (Please note: Awards are not intended to address personal/financial hardships, emergencies or job-related professional development.)
- A budget/financial plan for achieving the dream
- A statement of intent to remain at Old Dominion University for the foreseeable future
- Letter of support from a direct supervisor indicating the candidate is a valuable and meritorious employee
- Letter of support from an Old Dominion University colleague
2021 Deadline: Please stay tuned for next year's deadlineNot Accepting Proposal Packets at this time
For assistance completing the proposal packet, contact Employee Relations.
The recipient(s) will be announced in the late spring and funding will be made available in July.