Establish or Redefine an Hourly Position
To establish a new hourly position or to change/redefine an existing one, prepare the following paperwork and submit to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
HR-3 Request to Establish/Change an Hourly Position
Section I must be completed to ensure timely processing of your request. Attach a hard copy of the Position Description Form with original signatures to the HR-3.
Position Description of Essential Functions
Include Position Description Form on the HR-3 form, AND attach it as a Microsoft Word file on the e-mail. If necessary, HR will edit the form and return it to you with any changes.
- Part Time Position Description Form
- Essential Functions Guidelines For Position Descriptions for Administrative Faculty, Classified, and Wage (Hourly) Positions
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Form
- American With Disabilities Act (ADA) Form The Physical Requirements Worksheet will assist supervisors in determining the type and level of physical requirements required of a particular position.
Temporary Employment Data Form (E-1)
- Include a copy of your department's org chart when establishing a new position.
Direct Hire of Part-Time Hourly Employees
Please see the Direct Hire Process for forms and guidance on hiring a part-time hourly employee without a recruitment.
Rehiring or Terminating Hourly Employees (EPAF's)
EPAF's (Electronic Personnel Action Forms) is a paperless method to submit employee changes for Student Hourly, Graduate Assistant, and Hourly employees to Human Resources and/or Student Employment. Use an EPAF for:
- A rate change
- Rehiring a Student or Hourly in the same position
- Rehiring a Student or Hourly in a new position
- Terminating a Student or Hourly employee
- Terminating a Student or Hourly employee's job