The University Village offers offers single rooms in apartments that house 2-4 students in the Monarch Way Neighborhood. Conveniently located near campus and the restaurants on Monarch Way, the Village is the perfect balance of an on-campus lifestyle in an apartment environment. Residents have access to study lounges, a laundry room, community kitchen and a multipurpose community room.
Students in the Village are not required to take summer classes in order to reside in their apartment through July, but are responsible for the summer costs associated with the terms of the agreement.
The Village features:
- Single rooms
- Community spaces for hanging out with friends
- Private bedrooms with locking doors
- Private or group study areas
- Individual housing agreements per resident, so you're only responsible for your own room payment
Take a Virtual Tour
|Building Size||950 in 10 buildings|
|Location||Monarch Way Neighborhood|
|Hall||Single gender within apartment|
|Room Style||1, 2 & 4 bedroom apartments|
|Bathrooms||1 per 2 students|
|Break Housing||Open over break (Thanksgiving, Winter & Spring)|
On Campus Address:
(Refer to List Below)
Norfolk, VA 23508
Chesapeake House: 1026 45th St.
Hampton House: 1016 45th St.
Newport News House: 1015 45th St
Norfolk House: 1025 45th St.
Poquoson House: 1026 43rd St.
Portsmouth House: 1016 43rd St.
Smithfield House: 1015 43rd St.
Suffolk House: 1025 43rd St.
Virginia Beach House: 1026 41st St.
Williamsburg House: 1016 41st St.
Hall Phone Numbers:
757-683-5608 (Neighborhood Desk)
757-683-5673 (Residence Hall Director)
757-683-7105 (Assistant Hall Director)
757-683-5006 (Assistant Hall Director)
Neighborhood Desk Hours:
Residence Hall communities offer 24-hour desk services.
For additional assistance outside the above hours, students should seek assistance at the neighborhood desk located in this Residence Hall.
Each bathroom is furnished with one toilet and one shower with a shower curtain/rod, 1-2 sinks and a mirror. One bathroom per 1-2 students.
- All apartments are fully furnished with a dining table with chairs, a couch, accent chair, coffee table, trashcans, refrigerator, and microwave
- 24-hour information desk in Building 2
- Secured with ODU ID card access
- Housekeeping for community areas
- Laundry rooms on the first floor of every building
- Community kitchen
- Study spaces & shared lounges
- Multipurpose community room with full kitchen in Building 3
- Wireless residential community. In lieu of hardwired coaxial cables and ethernet ports, streaming TV service and wireless Internet are available. To use these services, students should verify that their computer is able to connect to WiFi, and that their TV has an HDMI port (a SmartTV is not required).
- Wireless printing
- Movie Streaming
- Vending Machines
- Bike racks
- Grill areas in the center of every parking lot
The University Village Apartments have an 11+ month contract period. Students in these buildings are responsible for the summer costs associated with the terms of the contract. Each semester is billed separately, due dates are established by the Office of Finance.
- 2022-2023 Room Rates
- One Bedroom $6,997 per semester (Fall, Spring) and $2,784 for Summer
- Two Bedroom $5,937 per semester (Fall, Spring) and $2,360 for Summer
- Four Bedroom $4,709 per semester (Fall, Spring) and $1,964 for Summer
Subletting is prohibited in all residential facilities, including the University Village.