We are glad that you are interested in on-campus housing at Old Dominion University. We have tremendous interest in on-campus housing for the academic year, and although options are limited, we are still accepting on-campus housing applications from new transfer students.
By applying for housing at Old Dominion University, you are agreeing to the full Terms and Conditions of the Housing & Dining Contract and entering into a legally binding agreement.
Please take time to review the information on our website to ensure that you have a full understanding of the process as it may help alleviate any tensions or concerns you may have. If at any time you have questions or would like to speak with someone directly, please do not hesitate to contact our office at email@example.com or at 757-683-4283 (Toll-Free 800-766-0833).
We look forward to having you join our community and wish you the best of luck here at Old Dominion University!
Understanding the Application Process
- It is important to note that by applying for housing and completing the application process, you have agreed to a legally binding agreement and made a financial commitment to live on campus at ODU for the full academic year.
- Incoming Transfer students are not guaranteed on-campus housing, but will be assigned as space permits.
- Assignments will not be facilitated until summer; charges will not appear on your student account until early August.
- Check your ODU Email - All communications during this process will go to your ODU email account, so please be sure to check it regularly for updates and information.
- Apply early! This increases your chance to get your choice of building. Please note, New Transfer applicants age 20 and below are assigned to First-Year Communities (such as Rogers Complex), based on availability.
- Review refund policy - A $200 partial refund of the application fee will be returned if application canceled online in the Housing Portal by May 15, 2022.
- Review Assignment Policy - Acceptance of the Housing & Dining Contract does not guarantee a specific room assignment.
- Submit your Application - Complete the Housing & Residence Life Housing Application with the $250 payment.
When applying for housing, students can list up to three housing preferences. Please make sure that you list multiple options and review the different amenities and features of the residential communities.
New Transfer Applicants age 20 and below are assigned to First-year, Freshmen Communities (such as Rogers Hall) based on availability.
New Transfer Timeline & Action Items
- January 25, 2023: New transfer housing application opens via the ODU Housing Portal - 12:00pm.
- April 21, 2023: Priority deadline for LLC applications.
- June 1, 2023 - ongoing: New Transfer Auto-Allocation. Notifications will be sent to the ODU email account. New Transfer Applicants age 20 and below are assigned to First-year, Freshmen Communities (such as Rogers Hall) based on availability.
- May 15, 2023: Cancellation deadline for $200 partial application fee refund.
- Students who cancel on or before this date are eligible for a partial refund of $200 ($50 of the application fee is non-refundable). Cancellations can be made through the ODU Housing Portal.
- After May 15, the $250 application fee is not refundable.
Housing & Residence Life may find it necessary to expand our capacity to support the opportunity for as many students as possible to live at ODU. Expanded housing accommodations for students may include the temporary expansion of on-campus spaces or securing off-site housing accommodations.
Residential amenities offered for traditional assignments are available to students living in expanded housing. These include room furnishings, desk coverage, secure access, staffing, laundry, meals, and shuttle service. Residents can and should utilize all campus resources available to any student living on-campus housing. Our staff are committed to ensuring your academic success wherever you reside.
Any student who completes an application for on-campus housing can be assigned to temporary accommodations. The length of stay can range from a few days to an entire semester. If a student is assigned to a temporary space, they will be reassigned to a permanent room as space permits. Moving assistance is available as needed. As with on-campus housing, you will be asked to consolidate your room if there is a vacancy. Our goal is to ensure you have a rewarding experience.