Applicants for the MA in History are part of a competitive pool, and all applications are given consideration by the Department of History and the Graduate Program Director. All applications should meet the admissions requirements listed below. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee entry into the program. Applications are reviewed for previous academic performance, professional goals, and future career promise. Those selected to join the program are admitted through the Graduate College admissions procedure on the recommendation of the Department of History. Students who majored in other fields, or those who do not meet the minimum admissions requirements, may be advised to take prerequisite undergraduate courses in history to qualify. If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Graduate Program Director at email@example.com.
- 24 credit hours of history courses at the undergraduate level. Some students may be offered provisional admission with 18 undergraduate credit hours of history courses.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall, and 3.0 in history courses.
- Two or more letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can attest to academic abilities.
- 500 word statement of academic and professional goals.
- Transcripts from all prior academic institutions.
- A Writing Sample of 10+ pages, preferably showing work with primary sources.
- Financial Assistance Forms for those seeking Financial Aid and/or Fellowship Assistance
Those seeking financial assistance or scholarship funding for the upcoming academic year will apply by February 15.
Those seeking admission for the fall semester will apply by June 1.
Those seeking admission for the spring semester will apply by November 1.
Application timeline for international students:
Those seeking financial assistantship for the upcoming academic year will apply by February 15.
Those seeking admission for the fall semester will apply by April 15.
Those seeking admission for the spring semester will apply by October 1.
Those students who are interested in enrolling as part-time students should first contact the Graduate Director before applying.