We, the hourly and classified employees of Old Dominion University are comprised of a diverse, committed, and professional staff. We embrace a proactive role in collegial governance, ensuring opportunities to express opinions at the campus level and assuring such opinions are given reasonable consideration by the university.
Vision & Values
We build connection and advocate for hourly and classified Old Dominion University employees through partnership with Old Dominion University Officials.
HACE is proud to offer the following four annual traditions to the hourly and classified staff.
- Football Tickets Raffle
- Thanksgiving Holiday Baskets
- Spirit of the Holiday Party for Children of Staff
- Annual Awards Luncheon
- Representing employees by reviewing work issues and benefits.
- Honoring outstanding employees with "Staff Member of the Year" and "Rookie Staff Member of the Year" awards.
- Promoting tuition waivers for staff
- Communicating employee interests to the Virginia Legislature.
- Promoting / conducting charitable activities.
- Sponsoring annual employee food basket and "Spirit of the Holiday party".