New eVA – Coming Soon!
The Commonwealth is implementing a new platform for eVA coming soon. The ODU eVA Team will continue to share additional information as it becomes available. To provide guidance and support through the transition to the new eVA, Procurement Services provides multiple trainings on the new platform provided by the Commonwealth eVA Team. Please be sure to review our Newsletters and Training page for more information.
eVA Implementation Updates
June 13, 2022
Update New eVA launch has been announced and will be Tuesday, November 1st.
April 11, 2022
New eVA - April Update
Procurement Services will be providing a Monday Message as we approach the new eVA go-live date of May 2. As an eVA requester or approver, please take a few moments to review as the new eVA will impact you.
New eVA Implementation Update
The Commonwealth plans to implement New eVA effective May 2, 2022.
What can you do to prepare?
- Review any open purchase orders.
- Ensure that eReceivers have been completed in Banner for goods/services received to date.
- If the PO has a remaining encumbrance that you don't anticipate needing, submit a change order in eVA prior to April 25 to reduce the encumbrance.
- If the PO does not cover additional amounts needed, submit a change order in eVA prior to April 25 to increase the encumbrance.
After May 2, you will not be able to process a change order in the New eVA to a PO that was issued in existing eVA.
Plan Ahead, where possible.
- While the Commonwealth plans to go-live May 2, where possible, please plan ahead.
- Place any needed orders prior to April 25.
- New eVA may not be available to campus end-users until May 9. Procurement Services will assist with any urgent orders during the week of May 2.
April 5, 2022
NEW eVA Implementation Update
As has been shared over the past several months, the Commonwealth is implementing a NEW eVA with a go-live date of May 2, 2022.
The Commonwealth eVA team is expected to provide us with access to test and train in an ODU 'Conversion' environment later today. This Conversion environment should have the workflow and approvals set up as they are set in the current eVA. There are several departments and eVA users across campus who will be assisting with the testing to ensure ODU's approvals are set correctly. THANK YOU in advance to those who are assisting with testing. If you have not been contacted yet and would like to assist with testing, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW eVA Training
Pending access from the Commonwealth eVA team to the ODU Conversion environment, we will now be able to offer training sessions for NEW eVA. NEW eVA will look very different. All eVA users will be required to attend training.
- You are encouraged to attend training sessions in April so that you can become familiar with the new system.
- You're encouraged to attend additional training sessions after the go-live date as you are entering requisitions or approving requisitions in the NEW eVA.
- Training Dates and Registration can be found here. Just click on the NEW eVA Training link to select training dates.
- Procurement Services offers monthly training sessions: Procurement Overview, eVA, eReceiving, and PCard.
- Online training is available for Contract Administration, Ethics in Public Procurement, Selection Advisory Committee training, and SWAM (Supplier Diversity)
- Training is located on the Procurement Services Training webpage here.
- Step by Step User Guides for navigating eVA, eReceiving (Banner) and PCard (Works) are located on the Procurement Services website
- Guides for specific types of purchases can be located on the Contracts page of the Procurement Services webpage here.
- Searching for a Contract: ODU Contracts can be located here. If no ODU contract is available for needed goods/services, you may locate an available cooperative contract here.
- Searching for a SWAM Vendor: The SWaM page has a clickable guide with screenshots detailing how to navigate the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD) SWaM vendor directory. In addition, there is a Guide to locating SWaM vendors for frequently purchased items.
- Newsletters: Procurement Services distributes newsletters approximately every other month. Please take a moment to review when you receive these as they provide valuable information related to new contracts, updates, reminders, and procurement-related guidance. Past Newsletters can be located on the Procurement Services webpage here.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
March 30, 2022
New eVA - March Update
As has been shared over the past several months, the Commonwealth is implementing a NEW eVA with a go-live date of May 2, 2022.
On April 4, the Commonwealth eVA team will provide access to test in an ODU environment, meaning that all of the University's current approval flow is set up in this test environment as it is set in the current eVA. To assist your area with the transition to the new eVA, we're requesting your assistance with Testing in the new eVA. New eVA will look very different. We'll provide multiple training sessions over the coming weeks and months. We're seeking your assistance in testing primarily to ensure that the approval flows set up in your department are set up properly by the Commonwealth eVA team and are active on the go-live date.
You'll be receiving a meeting invite for a Testing Training session on Wed, Apr 6 at 2pm or Friday, April 8 at 11am. Please accept the invite for the session you'll be attending.
By Tuesday, April 5, you should receive a new eVA User Guide and an access link to the new eVA testing site. The purpose of the Tester Training on Wednesday and Friday is to walk you through the new eVA site and identify specific areas you need to review for accuracy to minimize the impact of the transition.
We thank you in advance for your time. Please let us know if you have any questions.
March 24, 2022
New eVA - March Update (New eVA Training for Testers)
As you know, the Commonwealth is implementing a new eVA effective Monday, May 2. Agencies and institutions across the Commonwealth are currently in the testing phase of the eVA transition process. As a result, you may have received the below email from eVA Admin yesterday welcoming you to eVA and requesting that you reset your password. Please do not click on the link in the email and do not reset your password. ODU has single sign-on for eVA and there's no need for you to reset your password.
As a part of a College/Department with significant purchase order activity, we are requesting your assistance in testing new eVA from a campus department perspective. You'll be receiving a virtual meeting invite shortly where we'll provide guidance on testing. Realizing that everyone is busy, the follow-up testing should not require an extensive time commitment. Your efforts in testing will assist you and your department with the eVA transition to ensure appropriate workflow and approvals within your department.
Thank you in advance for your participation in testing. Thank you also in advance for your patience as the Commonwealth makes the transition to the new eVA.
The Commonwealth eVA Team has established an aggressive implementation schedule. We are anticipating some challenges but will work closely with you and your teams to work through those challenges. Your time and efforts in the testing phase will help to identify challenges and assist with a smoother transition and implementation of new eVA.
December 10, 2021
As a result of feedback from ODU and other entities, the Commonwealth eVA Team has decided to delay the launch of New eVA until May 2nd, 2022 to allow appropriate time for testing and training. We will have other updates about the impacts of this change in the near future. Spring training sessions will be scheduled soon.
December 6, 2021
As you know, the Commonwealth will implement a New eVA on January 3, 2022.
Training for the new site was made available via the eVA site on Fri, Dec 3. The following steps provide guidance to access the Commonwealth's Learning Management System (LMS):
- Create an account in the Virginia Institute of Procurement Learning Management System. Step-by-step instructions for setting up an account are included here.
- Once the is account created, log into the system and select eVA Training.
- If your role in eVA is to Create Requisitions, scroll down to the section titled: eVA Pathway - Requisitioner.
- If your role in eVA is to Approve Requisitions, scroll down to the section titled: eVA Pathway - Requisition/PO Approver.
Please note there are several sections of the Commonwealth training that are not applicable to ODU: PCard and eReceiving. You may skip those sections of the above-referenced training.
Additional guidance (for both eVA and ETF) will be provided in the Procurement Training sessions. Information on training dates and registration is located here.
Thanks in advance for planning ahead and remaining flexible and understanding as the Commonwealth transitions to the new eVA.
December 1, 2021
This update is to provide some information on the new eVA which will go live January 3.
November 9, 2021
As noted in previous Procurement Services Newsletters, the Commonwealth is transitioning to a 'new eVA' platform effective January 3, 2022.
Thanks to everyone in advance for planning ahead and remaining flexible and understanding as the Commonwealth transitions to the new eVA.
Important Planning Dates
The Commonwealth eVA team has provided some additional information to assist with planning for the January Go Live.
11/10/2021 If you anticipate the need for a quick quote or a solicitation valued at over $100,000 in the month of December or January, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10 12/1/2021 All open Quick Quotes and formal solicitations must be awarded 12/10/2021 If goods/services have been received and invoices have been paid IN FULL and there is a remaining encumbrance, create a change order prior to December 10 1/3/2022 Commonwealth's new eVA Go Live date 01/10/22 or 01/17/22 Campus end users availability (additional guidance coming soon)
October 15, 2021
The Commonwealth eVA Team provided updates on several key dates of the implementation plan.
- Effective December 1, no new solicitation postings. If solicitation closed prior to December 1, the ODU team will be able to make an award.
- Requisitions in a 'submitted' status will not be converted into the new system in January. Ensure that all requisitions are submitted and fully approved no later than December 15.
The Commonwealth eVA Team provided updated guidance or existing orders that transition into the new platform if a change order is needed after January 3.
- Current guidance from the Commonwealth eVA Team: After January 3, if a change order is needed to a purchase order that was created prior to January 3, requesters are to Cancel the existing order, and then Create a New Purchase Order. *Procurement Services will provide additional training once the Commonwealth eVA Team provides additional information due to the impact of attempting to cancel purchase orders with existing payments and/or associated asset tags and potential for duplicate orders from suppliers. Additional guidance will be coming soon.
October 4, 2021
To keep up to date on the new eVA development and implementation, check out the eVA Transition Newsroom link here.
As of today, Design is In-Progress at 75% completion and Development noted as In-Progress with a status of 35% completion. Testing is In-Progress at 10% completion and Training noted as In-Progress with a status of 15% completion. Go Live is In-Progress at 56%. The chart notes that we will go live in 88 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes, and 28 seconds.
June 11, 2021
At the June Buyer User Group meeting presented by the Commonwealth eVA Team, they shared that Agency/Institution eVA Program Administrators would receive access the training documentation in July. Procurement is looking forward to learning more about the new platform and customizing training and resources for the ODU campus community.
Be on the look out for Newsletters and updates to our Training page. We'll be scheduling multiple training opportunities as we learn more and look forward to seeing you there!
May 14, 2021
The Commonwealth eVA Team shared new platform design highlights at the May Buyer User Group webinar. More to come! They noted they are currently working on the design of the new platform and testing of various functionalities and also provided some FAQs based on questions they've received for Commonwealth agencies and institutions. Learn more here.
May 1, 2021
The Procurement Team intends to keep the campus community updated as we learn more from the Commonwealth eVA Team on the progress and implementation of the new eVA platform. The eVA Team has indicated that the new eVA will look very different in the new system
In March, the Virginia Department of General Services announce that they've award a contract to CGI for the new eVA. CGI will use the Ivalua platform as the technology to support the transformation of the eVA program. They noted the system will provide consumer-like experience for state government users and businesses, will enhance transparency into the public procurement process, and provide robust reporting capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: The Commonwealth eVA Team plans to implement the new eVA in December 2021 (no exact date has been identified yet). Depending on timing of launch, eVA may look different when the campus returns from the holiday break.
A: Yes, as the Commonwealth eVA Team provides additional information, the ODU eVA Team will develop customized training sessions and associated training materials and guides. Virtual and in-person training sessions will be provided. Be on the look-out for Procurement Services Newsletters and updates to our Training page. We'll be scheduling multiple training opportunities as we learn more and strongly encourage eVA requestors and approvers to attend. We look forward to seeing you there!
A: Yes, the ODU eVA Team plans to provide customized training sessions and associated training materials and guides to the vendor community. Stay tuned to the Procurement Training website as more information becomes available.
A: Yes, the intent is to retain single sign off functionality so that requesters and approvers can access eVA as they do currently.
A: Based on information from the Commonwealth eVA team, orders created within the past two years will be transferred and accessible in the new eMall. Older orders will be accessible in the Reporting and Resource Center so will not be available to copy to create new requisitions.
A: ODU is required to use the Commonwealth's electronic procurement portal, eVA. The Commonwealth's current contract to support eVa was set to expire. The Commonwealth went through a formal solicitation process to evaluate options and ultimately made an award to CGI for the new eVA platform.
More info coming soon!