During this video training session, participants will learn how to access and interpret budget information in Banner; learn the forms that allow departments to do internal financial reporting; check available balances (and understand why discrepancies can occur); identify Banner transaction codes; research invoices; determine if a vendor is in ODU's vendor table; check base budget information; and learn about tools associated with monitoring your budgets.
Audience: Individuals responsible for monitoring departmental budgets.
Prerequisite: Banner Basics handout review
All Banner-related questions should be directed to the Banner Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is recommended that you read and review the training materials located under the Banner Basics link prior to taking this class!
- Download your training materials if you would like to follow along and make notes on the materials. No materials are provided in class.
- You may want to number your handouts (i.e., Handout #1 would be Banner Internal Financial Reporting: Form Guide)
- Banner Internal Financial Reporting: Form Guide
- FGIBAVL: Checking Available Balance
- FGIBDST: Checking My Budget
- Identifying AP & Encumbrance Transaction Codes
- Identifying AR, Budget, General Accounting, & Payroll Transaction Codes
- FAIINVE: Reviewing Invoice Information
- FOIDOCH: Researching an Invoice Using the Banner Invoice Number
- FGIDOCR: Viewing Transaction Date, Description, & Amounts for All Processed Transactions
- FAIVNDH: Researching an Invoice Using Vendor History
- FTIIDEN: Finding a Vendor Number
- FBIBUDG: Checking Your Base Budget?
- BDM: Viewing Invoices via Banner Document Management
- NEW! FGIOPAL: Reviewing & Exporting Budget Detail Information