Learning through Active Discovery, Engagement, Reflection, and Showcase
LeADERS is a Provost-sponsored initiative connecting undergraduate students to high-impact learning experiences both in and out of the classroom.
- Participation in multiple High Impact Practices (HIPs) helps students increase engagement and deepen learning in their college experiences, leading to greater overall academic and institutional success.
- LeADERS was created to guide students towards multiple HIP courses and experiences.
- The breadth of experiences required provides students with unique opportunities to integrate their learning across diverse experiences.
- The LeADERS ePortfolio provides a capstone experience for students to reflect on their experiences and articulate how they have prepared them for life after graduation.
Tagging Your Course
Departments and faculty members interested in adding a LeADERS tag to their course should contact the LeADERS program for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The program team will meet with you to review your syllabus, assignments, and LeADERS program outcomes and jointly determine the best path for selecting and adding an appropriate tag to your course.
Integrative learning, or the ability to apply learning to complex and unscripted problems, is an essential twenty-first century learning outcome. (AAC&U, 2007)
LeADERS Courses & Guides
View complete list of LeADERS-designated courses and LeADERS curriculum guides for each major.
See how students reflect on their LeADERS courses and experiences with these model LeADERS ePortfolios.
- Course Search Presentation: This presentation shows how students can search for LeADERS courses each semester using the Course Search Tool
- LeADERS Curriculum Guides: See how LeADERS courses fit into undergraduate majors at ODU.
- Degree Works Presentation: This presentation overviews features of the LeADERS tab in Degree Works for students who are LeADERS Candidates. It also shows how to process a "What if" report for students who are interested in LeADERS.
- Sample Syllabus & Program Overview Language: This is language faculty who teach LeADERS courses can include in their course syllabus and Canvas site.
- LeADERS Category Outcomes: This document outlines the outcomes for each area of LeADERS.
- LeADERS ePortfolio Guidelines: This document walks students through the required components of a LeADERS ePortfolio and scaffolds its creation.