Funding Searches & Funding Alert Sign-Up
Information on Limited Submissions, Intramural Funding and other opportunities can be found under Research Funding. Presentations on specific funding opportunties and best practices are available on the Workshops page.
The Office of Research offers a number of funding resources for faculty, staff and students.
All faculty and staff who are interested in receiving funding opportunities by email are encouraged to sign up. There are four different funding opportunity lists covering broad research areas. E-mails of funding opportunities are sent out on alternating Thursdays. If you would like to be added to any of the lists please contact Daniel Campbell at email@example.com.
Funding lists include:
- Humanities, Social Sciences & Business
- Biomedical & Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
ODU subscribes to the GrantForward funding database, which provides faculty, students and staff at Old Dominion University access to funding opportunties daily. It replaces Pivot/Community of Science, our previous funding search tool.
- The structure was developed by a faculty researcher at the University of Illinois and is very intuitive. The underlying technology can crawl and transform unstructured HTML content into structured databases, including content hidden in deep Web sources.
- It features funding opportunities from federal and state agencies, academic/professional societies and associations, and foundations, and the GrantForward database includes 6,809 foundations.
- The database does not include funding opportunities for which US university researchers (citizens and non-citizens) are not eligible. Some funding search engines have larger grant databases, but they include grants that aren't available to US university researchers.
- GrantForward can generate a basic profile from your online publications page, or you can upload your cv. Researchers can fine-tune their profiles as desired and create automated custom funding searches.
Creating a GrantForward Account
You can access GrantForward at www.grantforward.com. In order to be able to use full search features including saved-search and personalized grant recommendations, please sign up using your odu.edu email address. We also encourage you to take a few minutes to create your "Researcher Profile" to start receiving grant recommendations.
Online Training Resources
Researcher Welcome Guide (pdf)
Questions? Contact Dan Campbell, Education and Outreach Coordinator, by email or by calling 757-683-3148.