Workshop: Plotting and Programing with Python
- Date/Time (Multi-Day Event)
- 10/20/2022 12:30 PM EST - 4:30 PM EST
- Gentle introduction to programming in Python, including Jupyter Notebook, Pandas and plotting.
Research Computing Services is pleased to host free workshops in the Fall 2022 semester covering essential research computing skills relevant to HPC and beyond. Short tutorials alternate with hands-on practical exercises, and participants are encouraged both to help one another, and apply what they have learned to their own research problems during and between sessions.
This year we are offering hybrid workshops, meaning you can attend either in-person or over zoom. We strongly encourage you to join us in-person for the best learning experience.
We hope you will register for one or more workshops!
To sign-up, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-2022-hpc-workshops-tickets-414832724847 .
- When registering on the Eventbrite site, please carefully choose the right kind of ticket (either "In Person" or "ZOOM") in order to participate in-person or over Zoom.
- Participants should provide their own laptops to work on the hands-on activities. Mac, Windows or Linux laptops with up-to-date browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari) are fine. Chromebooks should also work, although we recommend you use a regular laptops. We do not recommend tablets since we have not thoroughly tested our web-based HPC interface with these devices.
- Commitment to attend: Because of the limited space and high interest, we want to ensure accountability in registering for the workshop(s). By signing up, you commit yourself to attend the workshop(s). We reserve the right to report unexplained no-shows to the respective supervisors. We reserve the right to refuse the person a place on a future course if they persistently no-show and do not cancel their place or at least contact us to explain why they were unable to attend.
Please check out our portfolio of other training materials on our wiki page, https://wiki.hpc.odu.edu/Training/ .