Important Note: New requests for DAM self-service are not being accepted at this time
There is a project underway to reinstate this ability. An announcement will be made when it is available again.
Each unit's content owner must submit an authenticated Web form to select whether they wish for their content managers to be responsible for their own photos and documents or if they wish to continue to have these processed via the Web & Digital Communication team.
Once the selection has been made, it may not be changed without joint agreement of the Director of University Web & Digital Communication and the unit's budget unit director.
Content managers in units that choose to self-service must complete a new WCMS Access Request before self-service will be activated.
Please read the information about each selection prior to logging in to the form and making your selection.
Choosing to Self-Upload and Self-Update Photos & Documents (Self-Service)
If the content owner decides that his/her office will assume responsibility for uploading and updating their own photos and documents, the content managers in that department becomes solely responsible for their own uploads and updates. They will have to e-sign an agreement to abide by established ODU Website standards for photos and documents. Content managers will not be permitted to submit photos and documents to WebComm for upload or update. The WebComm team will continue to be available for strategic content guidance and system use.
Permission changes can only be made on Thursday evenings. Your self-service selection and the re-signing of the WCMS access request must be received no later than noon on Thursday for self-service permissions to be available on Friday.
Considerations for choosing self-service
- Self-service selection is available on a per-unit basis only. Content owners cannot select individual users for self-service.
- All content managers in self-service units will be required to submit a new WCMS Access Request before self-service privileges will be activated.
- Self-service units will be solely responsible for the upload and maintenance of their digital asset managers and may no longer use the asset upload and update forms in the Web Solutions Center.
- Self-service units will be responsible for ensuring that all required metadata is entered into the DAM for each asset uploaded. WebComm receives notifications of uploads into the system and assets without the requisite metadata may be deactivated and deleted.
- Assets must be uploaded and maintained in accordance with University Website Digital Asset Standards (http://www.odu.edu/about/policiesandprocedures/website/assets)
- Habitual negligence in proper asset upload and maintenance may result in loss of self-service privileges.
Choosing to Continue to Submit Photos & Documents through WebComm
If the content owner declines to assume responsibility for uploading and updating their own photos and documents, their content managers will continue to submit uploads and updates via the prescribed tools from WebComm. WebComm will be responsible for uploading or updating the photos and documents in a timely manner (no more than three business days) and managing them in the website system.