The "#" symbol precedes a word or phrase used in social media posts and creates a hashtag. Hashtags are used to create trending topics and keywords across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Socail media users at Old Dominion University are encouraged to apply the following University hashtags to social media messages spotlighting student success stories, events and other ODU-related subjects.
Please register University affliated hashtags with email@example.com. Registered hashtags may be featured on this page. We strongly encourage when creating a hashtag, to place #ODU in front.
- #ODU(Insert class year)
English Language Center
Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
Office of Community Engagement
School of Continuing Education
Visa & Immigration Service Advising
- #ODUWoW: Week of Welcome (August) is all about the experience and is a collaborative effort across campus to welcome and acclimate new students to the campus, procedures, expectations and traditions.
- #ODUHomecoming: Homecoming is great time to celebrate being part of #ODU! Activities for students, alums and Monarch fans of all ages lead up to the annual Homecoming game. This is your opportunity to show your Monarch pride, break out your best blue and gray gear and return to campus to cheer on your Monarchs!
- #ODUSOU(insert year): Every year, President John R. Broderick delivers the State of the University address, highlighting achievements from the past year while looking toward the future.
- #ODUGrad(insert class year): Biannual commencement ceremonies (December/May) celebrate the successful degree completion of our students.
- #Give2ODU(insert year): The ODU Day of Giving is an annual (March) online donation campaign issued to alumni, parents, students and friends of the University to make a statement of support.