Students are our top priority
We take an active role in providing students a supportive environment, offering timely and dependable guidance, and educating students about campus policies and academic programs.
We partner with faculty advisors, academic departments and other support staff to encourage academic and personal development of all students.
Not sure where to start? Meet with your advisor one-on-one to talk through your options and identify programs that will meet your needs.
- All freshman students admitted to the first-year program are advised by Kristin Eden, Saige Johnston (alpha A-L) or Dr. Kevin Muchiri (alpha M-Z).
- Transfer students and Military students who need to complete first-year requirements before declaring a major and are advised by Anna Lacy.
- Transfer students with AS degrees are admitted into a major and are advised by the major's department undergraduate program director (UPD) or chief departmental advisor (CDA).
- First-year advising happens in the Dean's office.
- Advising sophomore through senior year happens in your major's department.
For all undergraduate students (first-year and department)
Engineering Placement Tests
See what tests all admitted undergraduates must take and when to take them.
Freshman & Transfer Student Orientation
Monarch Orientation is ODU's orientation program for new incoming freshmen and transfer students.
Pre-registration into next semester during spring and fall semesters for all current students
Major and/or minor declaration
Learn more about the requirements for declaring a major and transitioning to a departmental advisor.
Find your advisor
Admitted Freshmen Checklist
Freshmen Summer Programs
Advising sophomore through senior year happens in your major's department.
We understand that as a transfer student, you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. ODU is here to assist you with your transition to the university. The services and programs offered to you as a Monarch are endless so take advantage of every opportunity.
Find undergraduate curriculum sheets for catalog year 2020-21.
View the Undergraduate Catalog to find core course requirements and more.
Learn how to register for courses
Degree Validation & Academic Records
Visit the University Registrar.
Find course-by-course equivalencies.
Graduation FAQs and Deadlines
Find important information about graduation.
Undergraduate Academic Support
Engineering Student Success
Locate Our Office
If you have any academic advising questions, please email email@example.com and an advisor will follow up with you. Please include your UIN and questions that you need help with. Thank you!