Paraprofessional Preparation for Extraordinary Teaching
The Darden College of Education & Professional Studies of Old Dominion University is seeking applicants for endorsement in special education: general curriculum. The PPET program is one of the Commonwealth Special Education Endorsement Programs. The following criteria must be met for admission as a program participant.
- Be employed and assigned as a paraprofessional, long term substitute teacher, or other personnel in a public school division or state operated program in Superintendent's Study Regions 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, or 8 ;
- hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- be recommended by the employing school division or state operated program (the principal or designee must sign the participant's form);
- be seeking initial licensure in special education with endorsement in special education: general curriculum; and
- be currently admitted to ODU. If you are not currently admitted to ODU, you must complete the graduate non-degree entry process with the ODU Admissions Office prior to submitting CSEEP/PPET applications.
Program Application Process
To apply, each participant must submit a complete application packet. The complete packet must be received at the address below by the designated deadline. The complete packet consists of:
- a completed PPET Application Form (pdf) with appropriate signatures (Appendix C of CSEEP Administrative Manual);
- Transcripts from all universities attended other than Old Dominion University. No grade reports will be accepted. Make sure all transcripts are directed to the CSEEP Grant Office rather than ODU's Admissions Office; and
- copies of any licensure test scores or certificates, if available (e.g. Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA); Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE). Test scores are not required for entry into CSEEP/PPET but will need to be included with application, if available.
All application materials should be included the same envelope.
Mail, scan or fax the complete packet to:
CSEEP Grant Office
Old Dominion University
217 Child Study Center
Norfolk, VA 23529
CSEEP staff will review applications. Official notification of acceptance, course approvals, and registration procedures will then be sent to the participant.
Grant applications can be faxed or mailed to the grant office according to the following
schedule. Applications not received in the Norfolk CSEEP office by the appropriate due dates
will be considered for the following semester.
|Spring 2023||December 13, 2022|
May 23, 2023
|Fall 2023||July 1, 2023|