Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site on Deep Learning Driven Cybersecurity Research in a Multidisciplinary Environment
Center for Cybersecurity Education and Research (CCSER) and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Old Dominion University
Funded by National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Multidisciplinary and cybersecurity-centric research.
- Students from all relevant disciplines are encouraged to apply and work on a cybersecurity project, including computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, criminal justice, system engineering, psychology, etc.
- The 10-week summer program includes various events such as seminars, career/graduate study panels, field trips to Norfolk Naval Base and Navy Cyber Defense Operations Command.
- $7,200 for stipends and food
- Free on-campus housing
- Travel allowance
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident, with preferred GPA 3.0+
- Must be an undergraduate student with graduation date later than 8/15/2020
- Conduct cybersecurity research with a faculty mentor for 10 weeks, May 27 - August 1, 2020
- Attend weekly research meetings and other events
- Write a research paper and poster by the end of the program
- Apply online.
- Underrepresented minority and female students are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
- Application deadline: March 2, 2020 (the recommendation letter also needs to be received by this date). Earlier applications are strongly encouraged.