Addiction Training Grant (ATG) is an enhancement of the Addiction Treatment and Prevention Certificate at ODU. Its goal is to increase the number of paraprofessionals trained in behavioral health and addictions prevention and treatment to improve access to these services in Virginia.
Each ATG Intern receives the following benefits:
- $3,000 toward tuition/fees
- $5,000 stipend during internship
- Free MacBook Pro
- Free Air pods
- Free Apple Care for 4 years
- Training in digital literacy, cultural competence, diversity awareness, addiction prevention and treatment and working with families
- Training in Telehealth facilitation
- Assistance in internship placement with sites that provide addiction services and/or behavioral health services
- Graduate with a certificate in addiction prevention and treatment
Watch Orientation Video
At a minimum to participate you must be:
- A Human Services Major
- Declared Addiction Prevention and Treatment Certificate student, or interested in declaring Certificate
- Two consecutive semester commitment
Submit all inquiries regarding the APT certificate to HMSVgrant@odu.edu.
Program Interest Application
(You must be logged in to Google with your ODU email address to access the form.)
Human Services Faculty Involved in the Grant
The Human Services Paraprofessional Expansion Program (HSPEP) is a Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training - Paraprofessional grant supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,616,000 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.