Master of Public Administration focus area courses are electives that are offered on a regular basis and within an approximate two-year cycle.
- These elective groupings are not part of formal degree concentrations or certificates, but are intended for student and faculty planning and degree-path emphasis.
- The focus areas may be used if your employer or tuition provider requires a formal degree plan.
- All PADM courses are provided within the School of Public Service; all FOUN courses are housed within the College of Education & Professional Studies.
We recommend at least 3-4 courses within each focus area for your scheduling purposes.
- PADM 653 Wicked Problems
- PADM 708 Urban and Regional Economic Development
- PADM 714 Public-Private Partnerships
- PADM 719 Leadership
- PADM 739 Cultural Competency
- PADM 780 Local Government Management
- PADM 781 Intergovernmental Management
- FOUN 722 Introduction to Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
- FOUN 822 Linear Models
Other Advanced Research Methods and Analysis courses, depending on interest and scheduling:
- FOUN 814 Qualitative Research
- FOUN 818 Analysis with Large Datasets
- FOUN 825 Applied Multilevel Modeling
- FOUN 826 Appl. Of Structural Equation Models
- FOUN 827 Logistic Regression