The over-reaching aim of the Harvey Lindsay School of Real Estate and the E.V. Williams Center for Real Estate is to provide a comprehensive, integrated and innovative approach to real estate education, one that serves our students, the Old Dominion University and the Hampton Roads community.
Who We Are
We are dedicated to excellence in real estate research and teaching.
What We Do
We provide thought leadership, engaging current and future industry leaders.
How We Do It
We are committed to educational excellence by fostering collaboration across our students, faculty & staff and the Hampton Roads community.
Embracing an inter-disciplinary approach, our mission is to provide a dynamic and rigorous educational experience that will prepare our students for the real estate environment of today and of the future.
Our core external stakeholders, such as our advisory board members, donors, center members, employers, affiliate faculty, alumni and mentors are central to our mission. They support our core faculty in ensuring that we provide the best educational experience possible to our students
- Provide a dynamic and rigorous educational experience that will prepare students for the real estate environment of the future.
- Produce high impact research of relevance to scholarly and industry audiences.
- Engage the community in addressing the challenges of creating and sustaining the built environment in the midst of the challenges of the 21st century.
- Facilitate the coming together of students, faculty and industry leaders to examine current issues and the challenges and opportunities facing real estate
- Collaborate effectively with key partners in the Strome College of Business and ODU and with external public, nonprofit and private sector organizations to achieve our strategic aims.
The Harvey Lindsay Legacy
From Harvey Lindsay, students find an inspiring model for their own success. The Harvey Lindsay name is synonymous with family, integrity, dedication, service and innovation. Since 1919, the Harvey Lindsay Commercial Real Estate company has represented integrity and fairness coupled with bold and innovative approaches to real estate marketing. The naming of the Harvey Lindsay School of Real Estate honors the establishment of the family's legacy by Harvey Lindsay, Sr. while also representing the forward-thinking ideals of Harvey Lindsay, Jr.
The substantial support of the Lindsay family in naming the Harvey Lindsay School of Real Estate enables the Strome College of Business to make significant enhancements to its real estate and finance program. The result is that ODU produces the critical adaptive and analytical thinkers who will lead the high-growth real estate industry, while also fashioning their own successful careers.