The Insurance and Financial Services Center plans an annual career fair, brings speakers to campus, and other campus events for students, industry professionals, and the community; promotes scholarships, internships, career, and industry conference travel opportunities for students; prepares the next generation of talent for careers with majors and minors in risk management and insurance (RMI) and personal financial planning (PFP); sponsors a student club (Gamma Iota Sigma); and funds faculty research.
- To increase the number of students who choose the Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) and Personal Financial Planning (PFP) tracks of the Finance major.
- To prepare the next generation of talent for these professions.
- To increase scholarship awards and internship and career opportunities for ODU students who are in the RMI and PFP tracks.
- To provide educational and financial support for faculty in conducting research and in preparing students for insurance, risk management, financial planning, and financial services careers.
- To increase the interaction of students and the insurance, risk management, and financial services industries by regularly bringing industry speakers to ODU classes and clubs.
For more information, contact Dr. Michael Mcshane:email@example.com