ADDRESS: IRP 2, 4211 Monarch Way, Norfolk, VA, 23508
Ph.D.: Old Dominion University, 2004
M.S.: University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 2001
B.S.: Gannan Normal University, 1996
Design of various ultrashort, nanosecond and picosecond pulse generators for research and biomedical applications.
Design of novel approaches to deliver electric pulses to biological media.
Research of high-power antennas for noninvasive electrostimulation.
Exploring unique bioelectric and biophysical responses of cells to various pulse stimuli, including ns and ps pulses for pulsed electric field therapies.
Most relevant publications
- Xiao S, Yamada R, Zhou C, "Quadrupoles for Remote Electrostimulation Incorporating Bipolar Cancellation," Bioelectricity, Jul 2020.
- Xiao S, Zou X, Huynh K, Yamada R, Petrella R, Bani Hani M, Beebe S, "A High-Power Dielectric Biconical Antenna for Treatment of Subcutaneous Targets," Bioelectromagnetics, 2020/06/12 2020
- Pakhomov AG, Xiao S, Novickij V, Casciola M, Semenov I, Mangalanathan U, Kim V, Zemlin C, Sozer E, Muratori C, Pakhomova ON. Excitation and electroporation by MHz bursts of nanosecond stimuli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019 Oct 22;518(4):759-764
- Xiao S, Zhou C, Yang E, Rajulapati S (2018). Nanosecond bipolar pulse generators for bioelectrics, Bioelectrochemistry, Volume 123, 2018, Pages 77-87
- Ryan H, Hirakawa, S, Yang E, Zhou C, Xiao S (2018). High-Voltage, Multiphasic, Nanosecond Pulses to Modulate Cellular Responses, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems 12 (2), (pp. 338 - 350).
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Research Award (Department of ECE, ODU, 2018-2019 Academic Year)
- Outstanding Research Award (Department of ECE, ODU, 2013-2014 Academic Year)
- Outstanding Research Award (Department of ECE, ODU, 2010-2011 Academic Year)
- Outstanding Research Award (Batten College of Engineering and Technology, ODU, 2014-2015 Academic Year)