[ skip to content ]
Assessment Toolbox:Developing Rubrics
Check out the resources below to help create and understand rubrics as an assessment tool.
- A standardized scoring guide
- Identifies important criteria and levels of success for each criterion
- Describes qualitative as well as quantitative differences
- Generally used to assess assignments, projects, portfolios, term papers, internships, essay tests, performances, etc. - "performance" assessment
Why Rubrics Are Used:
- To improve grading
- More unbiased, accurate, and consistent
- Easier and faster
- To improve student learning:
- A better understanding of the assignment and what is expected
- Encouragement for improved performance and better grades
Questions or Comments? Contact Us!